2008年1月23日水曜日

Education

After listening to today’s presentations and reading what the new Minister of Education in the newspapers. Please read the opinion in the December 6th International Herald Tribune.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/12/06/opinion/edkumiko.php 
Do you agree with the writer? Why? Give at least 3 examples to support your answer.


I agree with the writer. Japanese economy develops surprisingly. However this article is written "compare the Japanese English level with the other country's English level, and Japanese English level is low." Why is there few Japanese people speak English fluently? As the first reason, Japanese people don't speak proper Japanese, but they learn English. I think that learning English is necessary as we do communication with other countries. But we should understand proper Japanese at first. If we learn proper Japanese, we will tell other countries about Japanese good points. I think that I understand my first language befor learning English. Next, I think that we should increase English classes by the teacher of the native. When I was a junior high school, I had few classes by the teacher of the native. the class by them can learn pronunciation and communication power, so English skills will improve. Also, When we see foreign people somwhere, we can talk with them normally. Finally, Japanese people think that they are ashamed so that they have not confidence their English. I am one of them, too. foreign people stand in front of me, and I can't speak English. Because I am confused, and I don't know what I want to say. I think that Japanese people should be used to talk with other country's people.

0 件のコメント: